Monday, July 21, 2014

Pencils, Paper, and Pens....Oh My!

These are mine!





I admit it.  I'm an office/school supply addict.  I am completely incapable of going into an actual office supply store and walking out with nothing, even if they don't have what I went in for, I have to buy something!

Tonight's downfall however was the result of a "quick" trip to Walmart on my way home.  I needed to pick up 2 things, but right as you walk in the door.....school supplies!

I can't be the only one whose favorite part of a new school year was getting all the new paper, notebooks, pens and pencils.  I just never outgrew it I guess.  When my kids were in school I loved going shopping for all the school supplies.  Now that my kids are grown, I don't have that excuse. 

But then it dawned on me....I have nieces...and two of them are in elementary school.  They're in year round school and they're getting ready to start their new school year so I got my sister-in-law to send me their school lists.  Then tonight...in Walmart...I shopped!

Some pens, some pencils, folders & notebooks.  Index cards, glue sticks, crayons & dry erase markers.  A little of this, a little of that.  I had a blast.

Their lists are so long, I really didn't get that much in the grand scheme of things.  I left things like binders and pencil pouches for the girls to pick out.  Things that allow them to show their personality by picking a favorite color or print. 

And of course, I couldn't resist getting a few pens for myself.  I needed them...really...I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment