Monday, March 3, 2014

A Little Bit of Everything

I keep trying to get better at coming up with things to write about here, but I always seem to realize too late that what I'm doing at the time is something I could write about and I should have been taking a few pictures to illustrate and then I also put off writing about whatever it is, and then the events just don't seem current enough to recap, especially without a bunch of pictures.

Case in point...I went with Rob to the Dixie Deer Classic on Saturday.  His friend bailed on him, and I didn't have any big plans for the day, so I went to keep him company.  I took a knitting project that was simple and that doesn't require my to look at it, and basically walked around with him, knitting, while he looked at hunting stuff and talked to outfitters.  It wasn't until we'd been there a couple of hours and I was sitting in the stands at Dorton Arena knitting while he was in a lecture on trapping coyotes (yeah, I skipped THAT) that it occurred to me I should have been taking a few pictures to illustrate the day.

So I took a picture of my knitting.....

And then I went and took a picture of the cool eagle they had at the raptor rescue display....

I meant to go and also take a picture of the wolves, but Rob got out of his class and I forgot.  I did however get a picture of this....
I liked how they at least gave the mounted deer some context, instead of just a plain deer head.  Rob says if he ever gets a "trophy buck" it's getting mounted and displayed in our living room.  I'll agree to one on display, but I want it mounted something like this, with some added decoration, so it's not just a partial deer coming out of the wall.


In other news, we had snow a couple of weeks ago.  At first it was just a little snow....


And then it was A LOT of snow....well a lot of snow for us...this is central NC you know.

We had a good 6-7 inches here, which is a ton of snow at one time for us.  And it was very cold, and I didn't go to work for 3 days, so I decided I needed a very warm cowl and I made this....

Which can also double as a ninja mask if you want to go play in the snow.

We had sleet and freezing rain again today, but it didn't really start until late afternoon.  The roads will probably be ice in the morning, so I'll probably go into work a little late.  It's supposed to get down to 18 degrees tonight too, so maybe I'll be a ninja in the morning.







No comments:

Post a Comment